Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter Egg Dyeing....

Or maybe we should call it close disaster egg dyeing. For family night I thought it would be good to do our Easter egg dyeing since we are going out of town and not coming home until Saturday night. The kids loved it, I love any activity that involves things that stain clothes to only last a mere few minutes. Since I know my kids so well and already knew the outcome of their cup spilling, I stripped off all their clothes, sorry for the nakedness. Everything started off great until Brisa literally threw an egg into a cup before I or Gary could give her instructions on how to softly drop the egg into the stain able dye before in splashed everywhere, including all over Truper.
Then it wasn't even 2 minutes before Garon spilled a whole cup of blue dye trying to get an egg out.


Oh what fun. This is why we only colored a dozen eggs and the activity was over in less then 15 mins. Oh the memories I cherish, I absolutely love this time in my life, never a dull moment.

Truper was still pretty upset about getting all splashed with dye!!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Good documentary of how "special" these traditions are. We are dying eggs at my parents' house on Sunday with Kara and her kids. Should be "fun", but at least the adults will outnumber the kids, which always helps.

Mandy + Aubrey said...

I LOVE IT!! Nice to know we're not the only ones who have slightly disasterous famiy home evenings. We're going to do egg dyeing later this week, and I'm really hoping it goes better than last year! Enjoy the warmer weather!

Brooke said...

Awesome! I'm thinking about skipping it this year. Mostly because 1) not my house to destroy 2) Jack thinks he can do anything Trey can 3) Jack will probably somehow end up drinking it because he's sneaky. SO good for you for being brave with dye!

UnseasonablyWarm said...

Oh good! You fixed the "Dying" and "Dyeing" thing! lol