OH Happy Day!!!!!
After waiting 2 years and 4 long months, Gary just got his acceptance into Grad school. Last year we were too late in getting his application in, because Gary wasn't sure what Masters he wanted to pursue. Long story short he decided to pursue an MA degree in Applied Linguistics with a concentration in ELL ( English language learners). This time around we were not late, we were very early in getting the application in. This is why we have waited a very long 4 months in finding out their decisison. We were starting to wonder if this is really the path that Gary need to pursue. I was becoming very distraught, thinking to myself that we are going to be VERY poor for the rest of our lives (teacher salary isn't much to boost about).
SO this is why today is a very HAPPY DAY. We got the letter today and it was very good news. It is with the University of Massachusetts/Boston. Before you get all excited and full of wonderment, no we are not moving to Boston. This program is considered "Distance Learning". He will be working in Cohort groups, the same group for the 2 years; primarily over the Internet. This program is not very big and if we didn't do it this way it would require a major move. This way he is still able to teach and participate in getting his master's in lovely Idaho. Gary can learn very well in any setting, and this is the master's he is wanting to get. Starting Fall 2008, I am officially a single mother of 2 kids. I just have to start preparing myself now and then by September I MIGHT be ready. I just wanted to share some good news from our neck of the woods.



10 comments:
Congrats! That is fabulous news! I hear you about being a single mom while your husband is getting a Masters, been there..it is stressful, but hopefully since it is an internet program, it will be a little better, who knows?! Love & miss you!
Congratulations! That is very exciting. And being a single mom of two kids has worked out okay for me, so I know you can do it! : )
Good for him! Apparently we should all start a single mothers support group. Except Chad isn't doing it for the sake of education. Thats so nice he'll still be able to teach though. Good luck!!!
Congrats, that's great news! My friend's husband did his Master's/PhD program through a distance-ed program and it worked really well for them. His school was Creighton, in Nebraska, but they stayed in Utah. Gary will sure be busy, with work and school, but I know he will do well, and so will you!
Gongrats, I am with Brooke we should start a single mom support group. NO matter how much you prepare yourself, your never ready.
I am glad that you don't need to pick up and move again. Good luck with everything.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is a big deal. What wonderful news. I am so happy for you guys. When Mike did the accounting program at BYU, I felt like a widow. Luckily it doesn't last long and then you will be DONE!
That is awesome! You guys deserve some good news. At least the program is only two years and the lonely nights will come to an end soon enough. You can do it. Chick flicks, good books, and a large amount of chocolate. Those will see you through. Congrats!
Whoa! I stumbled across your blog. Hopefully you'll remember who I am when you see the picture and look at my blog. I cannot believe how big you little boy is. Good to hear what you've been up to!
YAY! That's so exciting, tell Gary congrats!
Good Job! That's great for you guys that you get to stay here!!
Post a Comment