Thursday, February 19, 2009

Still in NICU...One week old

Truper is still in the NICU, but all the nurses have said that he doesn't look like a baby that needs to be there. He is off everything, but his oxygen. We are still waiting to hear from the doctor to see if he will let him come home with oxygen because he is borderline on the amount that is required of oxygen. Room air is 21%, he is about 28%-30% with oxygen. SO CLOSE!!!! If the doctor does let him come home with oxygen he will have a monitor as well as a home health person will come and check on him periodically. I am alittle torn, because eventhough I want him home and beable to have some type of normalcy, I don't want to push it and have him have to go back. We will just have to see what the doctors think.

Other then that, we are making it. The kids seem to be taking everything in stride. They are doing great. I try to make sure that they are getting some attention from me and to let them know that I love them. I will update with any new news......Hopefully it will be that Truper is coming home.

5 comments:

Tifani said...

I had no idea what was going on with little Truper. I will pray for a speedy recovery and that you and Gary will have him home soon. I hope you are feeling well. It makes me so sad to see a little IV in Truper's hand. I'm sure that part of you just wants to yank him out of there and run away with him. We are so blessed to have such wonderful doctors and medicine and technology. I love you very much and will be thinking of you and praying for your family.

Mandy + Aubrey said...

Hooray for Truper! Hang in there! It's almost over. I bet this has seemed like the longest week EVER!!! We've sure been praying for all of you. I've talked to Gary a couple of times, but I haven't been able to talk to you. How are you holdin up?

Katie said...

He is so close!! I can't imagine what you are going through, not having him home, but you are so strong and awesome!! Good luck and I hope he comes home SOON! Love you!

Lee and Roni Poston said...

He is soooo cute. Its good that he is progressing. I get reports from my sister Christine, she works in the NICU at Madison. So he is in good hands. Let me know if you need anything.

UnseasonablyWarm said...

That's good news. More pictures when you can! There is a package on its way to you. It has some new stuff for the baby plus some of Christian's outgrown clothes for when he's older. I also put the shoes that mom left behind when she was here in Aug. I don't want them, so she can have them. There's also some of Mikelle's outgrown clothes for Brisa.

Be sure to update us when you can, or at the very least add some pictures.