Monday, August 18, 2008

The Nomads finally go home.....

To explain the lack of on my blog: We have been on vacation. We left our dear sweet home in Idaho on friday, August 1st and started our 10 hour drive south to Monticello, Utah. For all who do not know where that is, it is on the southern, eastern tip of Utah. This is where Gary's Grandparents live. We stopped there for the night and had a wonderful time with them. Then Saturday morning we headed out to finish our last leg of the trip: A 1 hour 45 min drive to Gary's parents house. This of course was our final destination for the next ten days. We had such a blast and we taken very good care of. Garon and Brisa took very well to their Grandparents that they don't see nearly enough. As the pictures will show we did lots of fun and exciting things. We somehow never get bored there. Some of the things that were not photographed ( to me was the best thing) was going rafting with Garon. He had such a blast, especially when we would go down the big rapids. We didn't get any pictures because I forgot my camera and I didn't want to chance hurting Grandma's camera. Another thing that we did was visit the county fair. The only highlight there was all the farm animals that the kids absolutely loved.





The biggest highlight I think for both of the kids was going swimming at the Durango Pool, we went twice and both times when it was time to go the kids didn't not like the idea of getting out. Brisa is a pure fish: Maybe she will someday break Micheal Phelps' record:)






Brisa going down the BIG slide with Grandma
Garon and Daddy going down the BIG slide Brisa finally got on the turtle


This is our hike to the Hidden Lake "Spud Lake"


This is a hidden lak that we hiked too, it was such a beautiful day
Garon throwing rocks into the lake

The best family picture we got, don't judge too much, we did just hike our bums off getting to it.

Brisa, Grandpa and Nala


The kids climbing big cliffs




The next day we went to the Durango fish hatchery, playground, and rock scrambling



Brisa just enjoying playing by the river





That was about it from the pictures in Durango. Then we were off to SLC. Gary had to attend a teacher conference for four days so to kids and I decided to stick another and hang out with my aunt. My cousin also attended the same conference so her kids were able to play as well. I did take some pictures but I can't seem to find my camera adapter. The highlights were going to the Hogle Zoo and riding the carousel in the mall.

After five days of that fun we were off to Wyoming to a Dustin Family Reunion ( let me just say that with every trip we make out of Durango we are getting closer to home) The reunion was very fun, filled with lots of fun games and family time.

24 hours later we leave to make our shortest drive yet: 1 1/2 hours to home.

WE had such a fun time and are so happy to be home. 16 days is a really long time. I am surprised that my kids did so well. So I hope this explains my lack of updating.

7 comments:

Eric and Andrea Budd said...

You guys have been quite the travelers! Sounds like you had fun though :)

whatyoudidn'tKNOWlton said...

cute post, it was so fun to be with everyone!! Glad that you guys could come!!

Brooke said...

Wow! Looks like you guys were everywhere! Fun!

Mandy + Aubrey said...

aaawwww!!!! I want to go to Durango and to the reunion and be just like you!! The pool in Durango is always our favorite part, too. I'm so glad you guys had fun and made it home okay!! We miss you! Christmas seems like an eternity away. Love the pictures! Brisa is getting so big. How are you feeling?

Mandy + Aubrey said...

Becca....oh, Becca....where are you, Becca??? I miss you! I guess I could just call you, but reading your blog is so fun!! How are you? Okay, I think I'll just call you. Chao.

Lawther family said...

Looks like tons of fun... if that were me, I wouldn't want to leave that pool either. Too cool. Love the pictures of the kids on the rocks. Its fun to make those memories. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had fun. Long drive and a long time on vacation. I bet you were also glad to be home.