Sunday, July 6, 2008

The 4th Weekend

We are redoing our kitchen and living room while Gary is out of school, so this week we have been pretty busy with that. Gary has redone all of our cabinets. These cabinets have really needed a face lift, we don't think that they have been touch since the house was built in 1920, it have definately been repainted, but that is it. They look amazing!!!! The kitchen looks so different. When everything is all said and done I will post some pictures. So, for the 4th, all day we worked on our kitchen, not much fun I know. But that night we went to the Menan firework show. I love the small town feel of things and this town gives a pretty decent show without millions of people. We are totally and completely sold on going every year as long as we live here. The kids really enjoyed the show. Brisa was not totally sold on it at first, but half way through she would stand up and point to the fireworks and say "WOW", and then "ALL DONE". It was a fun night for our little family.

On Saturday we did about the same thing: Work on our house. After naps I was feeling pretty guilty that our kids were being totally neglected. So we decided that we will go do somthing fun, something we never do. We went bowling as a family. The kids absolutely loved it!!!!! We paid for one hour and we pretty much used that whole thing on 1 game. It was fun though. Garon and Brisa were totally into it. They of course got bumpers. And the coolest and saddest thing happened all at the same time: Garon beat us all. A 3 year old broke 100, he got a 108. That is pretty sad, Gary is usually really good, I guess he was having an off day.

When the game was finally over we played in the arcade, they are some pretty cool games for kids. Gary was really into getting as many tickets has he could. Meanwhile Brisa just used all her tickets riding a bumping car with a friendly frog. We had a good time.





6 comments:

Katie said...

Glad that you had a great time bowling and watching the fireworks! I WANT PICTURES OF YOUR KITCHEN! Love you!

Mandy + Aubrey said...

I agree--I'm anxiously awaiting pictures of the new, improved kitchen! How fun to go bowling with your kids. It's so great that you go to the fireworks show in Menan--I have tons of good memories of the fourth of july there. We miss you guys! The kids and I are excited to see you in six weeks or so! Love ya!

Mandy + Aubrey said...

Looks like you're keeping your hubby busy! I want to see some pictures, too! So great that you guys go to the Menan fireworks show. Good times, good times. We're excited to see you in a few weeks! It'll probably be a week or so before memorial day--my neice is getting baptized then, and I'm coming down a week or so early to spend time with family members, such as yourselves, and hopefully the baby will be born by then...haha. Love ya

Brooke said...

Fun! Isn't remodeling great! Okay I wouldn't know about doing it on my own house. But lets just say my parents were not against using their children for slave labor. Good luck! I'm excited to see pictures!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Those pictures of Rexburg made me miss it. We went bowling as a family and played in the arcade right before we left. It's so fun for the kids. That's great you are re-doing your house. I can't wait to have my own house so I can do stuff like that.

Tifani said...

How fun! Jake's sister took the kids bowling and they absolutely loved it as well! Who knew! I want to see pictures of the renovation when it's complete! Oh, and I just couldn't do that high school tag on my blog. I had nothing positive to say about High school in general besides the good friends I had. You know girl!! But I enjoyed reading yours. Very brave!