Wednesday, August 1, 2007

15 nights, some ouchies,some sickness, and a whole bunch of fun

Well we finally have returned from our adventures. The kids and I started traveling on June 21, we went to Cedar City, Utah to meet up with my sister and her kids to have some grammy time and some cousin time. We had a very fun and relaxing time. Then Gary met up with us on the road and we hopped in his car and went enroute to Durango, Colorado. Gary's parents live there, this is where Gary grew up. We have spent a week there and have had so much fun. We have been to a beautiful place called "Hermosa Park", where we enjoyed a picnic with Grandma and Grandpa and we also had fun throwing rocks in the river. Brisa kept trying to eat the rocks and would not understand why she was not allowed to eat rocks, she was very confused. We also got to see the Durango-Silverton train come into town and Garon was able to pretend he was the train driver.

Some other funs things that we have been able to do while we were here was go swimming at the local Rec. Center where Garon enjoyed going down the big slide and Brisa couldn't get enough of the lazy river. That night Garon woke up throwing up, but it wasn't very bad, he is such a tuff kid. Tuesday we went local the Fish Hatchery, Garon loved feeding the big and baby Rainbow Fish. Today, we were spoiled by Grandma. We went up to a ski resort called Purgatory. They have summer activites like alpine slides, mini golf, rock climbing wall, and a bungie tramp. Garon was a big fan of the alpine slides and mini golf. He also got to go on the bungie tramp and when he got too high, he was wondering why his parents would let a two year old experience something so extreme. All in all we have had great time and wish we stay forever.

Then we spent one night at Gary's Grandparents home in Monticello, Utah, where we enjoyed a very wonderful Dutch Oven dinner, hosted by their ward. The next morning we were all enroute to Provo, Utah for a family reunion. This is where all the fun really started. We made it to Provo with out any problem. It was not even 2 hours that we were checked into our hotel, when I started feeling like I wanted to die. I felt this way for ohhh... about an hour. Then I finally was able to throwup. At first I thought I had food posioning because it came on so fast and after I threw up I started to feel better. Well this thought did not stay with me very long. I started to feel like I wanted to die again. About the same time, Brisa was throwing up, and throwing up, and throwing up. Let me tell you, it is not very fun to be sick in a hotel. Brisa and I had a fun night. The next day I was starting to feel better and by lunch I was able to put something in my stomach. Meanwhile at the reunion, Garon was standing on a picnic bench that was on concrete. He slipped and twisted off the bench and fell on the concrete, forehead first. I thought for sure his head was going to split open and we were going to have to make a trip to the hospital. Luckliy he just has a monster of a goose egg. You would think that our adventures were over, not just yet. That night about 1:00 am, Gary got what Brisa and I had, but worse. Let me just say again that I am happy to be home and that Gary, Garon, Brisa, and I are adjusting well to having our home back.












2 comments:

Katie said...

I loved the update, but I am SOOO sorry you were all sick!!! (BTW, I was sick too :( Anyway, can't wait to see you in a few weeks!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Becca, Your family is so cute! Nice to see how things are going for you.